The world of cruising was bound to develop into specialised categories as it matured. While most cruise fans are content to travel with a conventional cruise ship, there is a large and growing market for those seeking a different experience.
These special interest groups can travel on a normal cruise ship, but have their own functions and itinerary on board. In other cases they can take over a whole ship for a particular cruise.
Probably the most famous of these are the gay and lesbian cruises. These have been joined by groups for adult swingers, rock and roll fans, car enthusiasts and history buffs.
Even major businesses are beginning to see the benefit of hiring out a ship for a promotional and educational cruise. It gives them a captive audience where they can allow clients to alternate between work and relaxation at a leisurely pace.
Senior cruise groups have become particularly popular in Australia. They allow seniors to travel the world in the security of a group of people their own age, fully escorted all the way.
Other popular categories include those who want to explore remote and extreme areas like the Arctic and Antarctic regions. Cruises even visit historic battlefields such as Anzac Cove and the D Day beaches or attend the Melbourne Cup and other major sporting and cultural events.
The growth of the internet and social media has allowed specialised cruising to capture and worldwide audience. However finding in formation on particular groups can be a daunting task.
At Australian Cruise Magazine we want to promote and assist specialised cruise groups. If you are developing a special interest cruise group, please let us know? If you have a suggestion for a group, by all means let us know?
As the Australian Cruise Club grows, we will also be developing groups of members interested in particular specialised itineraries. As they say, there is strength in numbers and this will be invaluable for cruise companies who are always happy to hear from special groups.
- Paul Gauguin Cruises 2020 Brochure
- MSC Magnifica Visits Australia
- Silversea Ships meet in Sydney Harbour
- Exhibitionism The Rolling Stones
- Advanced Skipper
- SeaDream Cuba
- Quest Tours
- SHARE on Princess Cruises
- P&O and Salt Grill
- Silver Explorer
- Princess Cruises for Christmas
- Emerald Princess
- Pacific Explorer
- Viking Ocean Cruises
- Norwegian Star for Australia
- Coral Princess rebrands
- Carnival Expands
- Aussies are World Champions
- Whale Watching Sydney 2015
- Samsonite’s Latest Hardcase Innovation
- Explore the Falkland Islands
- Captain Cook Cruises Fiji
- Multi generational Cruising
- CroisiEurope Loire Princesse
- Discovering the Kimberley Coast
- The Kimberley and Mitchell Falls
- PNG with P&O
- SAILING MEKONG’s PAST IN THE PRESENT
- MSC Seaside
- MSC Opera
- Ancient encounters along the Kimberley Coast
- Cruising to St Petersburg.
- The Vasa Museum
- Sun Princess Northern Explorer
- Sailing on Emerald Princess
- French River Boating and fine Cuisine
- Carnival Spirit
- Sun Princess
- There’s something about Mary
- On SeaDream - Award-winner keeps a Czech on our taste buds
- Dawn Princess
- The 'New' Love Boat
- Senior Cruising
- Pacific Jewel
- Noosa and the River Express
- Pacific Dawn Review
- Why Fiji?
- The Depths We Go To
- Dreaming in the Mediterranean
- The Highlander
- About Us
- Hardie Grant Books