P&O for Group Travel
P&O Cruises has launched a new Events at Sea program, designed to make it even easier for groups to enjoy a great time on a cruise holiday.
The program features a range of packages tailored for group get togethers, from birthday celebrations to sporting and hobby group meetings and smaller conference and incentive gatherings.
Targeting groups from 16 to 250 people, the complimentary packages include an onboard event coordinator, venue hire, audio visual equipment, personalised photo sessions, group dining and welcome receptions.
Meanwhile optional extras include personalised group shore tours, special occasion cakes, branded menus and program printing.
The new program comes in the wake of the cruise line’s highly successful Ceremonies at Sea program for weddings and vow renewals, launched last year.
Jenny Lourey, Senior Vice President of Carnival Australia, which represents P&O Cruises, said there was a growing demand for group travel on ships.
“Cruising is the perfect group getaway because it’s a very social way of travelling and it offers a lot of variety,” Ms Lourey said.
“You can get together as a group for your meetings and celebrations, but you can also enjoy some time out, relaxing onboard the ship and exploring different ports.
“It’s also extremely cost effective with the one fare covering accommodation and meeting space, main meals and entertainment.”
Ms Lourey said the wide range of cruise itineraries made it very easy for groups to choose a getaway to suit their needs.
“Whether you’re onboard for three days celebrating a friend’s 50th birthday, or for nine days sailing with your scrapbooking friends, cruising is a great way for groups to catch up and share a good time.”
Recent groups hosted on P&O Cruises’ ships included a genealogy conference, a health and beauty event and a medical conference.
For more information contact a licensed travel agent or P&O Cruises on 13 24 94.
- Advanced Skipper
- SeaDream Cuba
- Quest Tours
- SHARE on Princess Cruises
- P&O and Salt Grill
- Silver Explorer
- Princess Cruises for Christmas
- Emerald Princess
- Pacific Explorer
- Viking Ocean Cruises
- Norwegian Star for Australia
- Coral Princess rebrands
- Carnival Expands
- Aussies are World Champions
- Whale Watching Sydney 2015
- Samsonite’s Latest Hardcase Innovation
- Discovering the Kimberley Coast
- The Kimberley and Mitchell Falls
- PNG with P&O
- SAILING MEKONG’s PAST IN THE PRESENT
- MSC Seaside
- MSC Opera
- Ancient encounters along the Kimberley Coast
- Cruising to St Petersburg.
- The Vasa Museum
- Sun Princess Northern Explorer
- Sailing on Emerald Princess
- French River Boating and fine Cuisine
- Carnival Spirit
- Sun Princess
- There’s something about Mary
- On SeaDream - Award-winner keeps a Czech on our taste buds
- Dawn Princess
- The 'New' Love Boat
- Senior Cruising
- Pacific Jewel
- Noosa and the River Express
- Pacific Dawn Review
- Why Fiji?
- The Depths We Go To
- Dreaming in the Mediterranean
- The Highlander
- About Us
- Hardie Grant Books