Salt Grill has a New CEO
Diners at P&O's popular Salt grill by Luke Mangan restaurants will be able to enjoy a delicious addition to the menu this month, as the accomplished restaurateur marks the end of his six-month journey to find Australia's biggest foodie.
Luke recently announced that Melbourne tastemaker Sofia Levin has been appointed as his Culinary Experience Officer. To celebrate Sofia’s selection, her winning dish - a beetroot cured Kingfish with citrus and fennel salad, avruga roe and horseradish cream - will be offered on the menu in the Salt grill by Luke Mangan restaurants onboard P&O's five ships during October.
Sofia was selected from some of Australia's best and brightest foodies across three categories: Drinks Connoisseur, Talented Home Cook and Artisan Supplier, jointly winning the Talented Home Cook category which was conducted in conjunction with P&O Cruises.
Sofia will now travel the world with Luke this month on a money-can't-buy smorgasbord of travel and tasting experiences, creating content for Luke's extensive portfolio of partnerships and restaurants.
The journey is a celebration of Luke becoming the first restaurateur in the world to serve dishes across land, air, rail and sea and will include cruising for four nights to Hamilton Island onboard P&O's Pacific Aria; experiencing his new restaurant onboard the Eastern & Oriental Express luxury train between Singapore and Bangkok; enjoying a taste of Virgin Australia's Business Class, and dining at Luke's restaurants throughout Asia and Australia.
Australian Cruise Magazine had the honour of being invited to taste and vote on the presentations from all the finalists. This was held at Luke Mangan’s famous MOJO Restaurant in Sydney.
Please check out all P&O Cruises: www.pocruises.com.au/
- Port of Seattle
- Paul Gauguin Cruises 2020 Brochure
- MSC Magnifica Visits Australia
- Silversea Ships meet in Sydney Harbour
- Exhibitionism The Rolling Stones
- Advanced Skipper
- SeaDream Cuba
- Quest Tours
- SHARE on Princess Cruises
- P&O and Salt Grill
- Silver Explorer
- Princess Cruises for Christmas
- Emerald Princess
- Pacific Explorer
- Viking Ocean Cruises
- Norwegian Star for Australia
- Coral Princess rebrands
- Carnival Expands
- Aussies are World Champions
- Whale Watching Sydney 2015
- Samsonite’s Latest Hardcase Innovation
- Explore the Falkland Islands
- Captain Cook Cruises Fiji
- Multi generational Cruising
- CroisiEurope Loire Princesse
- Discovering the Kimberley Coast
- The Kimberley and Mitchell Falls
- PNG with P&O
- SAILING MEKONG’s PAST IN THE PRESENT
- MSC Seaside
- MSC Opera
- Ancient encounters along the Kimberley Coast
- Cruising to St Petersburg.
- The Vasa Museum
- Sun Princess Northern Explorer
- Sailing on Emerald Princess
- French River Boating and fine Cuisine
- Carnival Spirit
- Sun Princess
- There’s something about Mary
- On SeaDream - Award-winner keeps a Czech on our taste buds
- Dawn Princess
- The 'New' Love Boat
- Senior Cruising
- Pacific Jewel
- Noosa and the River Express
- Pacific Dawn Review
- Why Fiji?
- The Depths We Go To
- Dreaming in the Mediterranean
- The Highlander
- About Us
- Hardie Grant Books