Coral Princess has re-branded
Cairns-based Coral Princess Cruises has been rebranded as Coral Expeditions.
This comes after 32 years of operation under the former name, during which time the company has grown and evolved.
The new name stays true to the company’s origins as a small ship pioneer on the Great Barrier Reef while updating the company image to reflect its evolution to adventure cruises to the more exotic regions of Australia and the South Pacific.
“Coral Expeditions recognises that we are now best known for our coastal expedition itineraries taking small groups of 44 to 72 passengers to remote regions and cultures in Asia-Pacific,” Group General Manager Mark Fifield said.
Captain Tony Briggs launched the company in 1984 with one converted Fairmile class submarine chaser and it now has three purpose-built ships and several hundred staff. It offers 3, 4 and 7 night award-winning Great Barrier Reef cruises and longer expeditions to the Kimberley, Cape York and Arnhem Land, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand and the South Pacific. In November 2015, Coral Expeditions will launch its inaugural season of a unique series of expedition cruises along the coastline of Tasmania.
Each ship will be rechristened and refurbished in line with the new brand over the next year. Coral Princess will become Coral Expeditions I, Coral Princess II will become Coral Expeditions II and the flagship Oceanic Discoverer will be renamed Coral Discoverer.
The new logo has been designed by a Cairns-based artist, Brian Robinson. Brian grew up in the idyllic tropical surroundings of the Torres Strait Islands, located between the tip of Cape York Peninsula and Papua New Guinea. His work reflects his knowledge and appreciation of the culture of his people, the myths and legends of the Torres Strait, and the traditional motifs and natural carving ability of the Islanders.
- Port of Seattle
- Paul Gauguin Cruises 2020 Brochure
- MSC Magnifica Visits Australia
- Silversea Ships meet in Sydney Harbour
- Exhibitionism The Rolling Stones
- Advanced Skipper
- SeaDream Cuba
- Quest Tours
- SHARE on Princess Cruises
- P&O and Salt Grill
- Silver Explorer
- Princess Cruises for Christmas
- Emerald Princess
- Pacific Explorer
- Viking Ocean Cruises
- Norwegian Star for Australia
- Coral Princess rebrands
- Carnival Expands
- Aussies are World Champions
- Whale Watching Sydney 2015
- Samsonite’s Latest Hardcase Innovation
- Explore the Falkland Islands
- Captain Cook Cruises Fiji
- Multi generational Cruising
- CroisiEurope Loire Princesse
- Discovering the Kimberley Coast
- The Kimberley and Mitchell Falls
- PNG with P&O
- SAILING MEKONG’s PAST IN THE PRESENT
- MSC Seaside
- MSC Opera
- Ancient encounters along the Kimberley Coast
- Cruising to St Petersburg.
- The Vasa Museum
- Sun Princess Northern Explorer
- Sailing on Emerald Princess
- French River Boating and fine Cuisine
- Carnival Spirit
- Sun Princess
- There’s something about Mary
- On SeaDream - Award-winner keeps a Czech on our taste buds
- Dawn Princess
- The 'New' Love Boat
- Senior Cruising
- Pacific Jewel
- Noosa and the River Express
- Pacific Dawn Review
- Why Fiji?
- The Depths We Go To
- Dreaming in the Mediterranean
- The Highlander
- About Us
- Hardie Grant Books